Thursday, March 30, 2017

In LOVE with vinyl records? This smart record player is a must have!

Have you got a love for vinyl records? I fell in love with them after high school, collecting them because I really just wanted to scratch them like the renegade turntablists of the time. In the search for rare samples and grooves I discovered so much more; that as my record collection grew with me, they became symbols of a time and place too, like micro time machines that can bring past moments back to the present.

My several crates of records have become an everyday family presence, and my own kids, far removed from this old technology, love to have a look (and sometimes scratch) at these strange circles that "have music inside them".

 

I miss Cbaby2 being the right height to dig in the crates. #throwback #genydad #love #familytime #awesome

A post shared by Mike Cbay (@mikecbay) on

As my __kids grow older, I wonder if they'll discover their own love for their dad's old records in an increasingly digital age? The sound, the smell, the fact that you can hold a piece of recorded music...

I know there's no feeling like putting a needle on a record, but this sleek new record player has some fancy features up its sleeve.

The LOVE keeps everything we love about playing records - the use of a traditional stylus, the crackles and pops, and of course "the warmth". Like a new age record runner the LOVE flips the traditional method of playing records: you don't put a record on, you put LOVE on a record. It's somewhat endearing actually, when it's put in that way. The LOVE also connects to a mobile app, and can connect to wireless speakers for playback - now that's a smart record player!

Record lovers argue that "you can't hug an MP3", and the LOVE helps introduce the next generation of music enthusiasts to the affinity for these magical grooved discs.

The LOVE looks like a great record player, but it totally leaves me hanging as there's one major thing I need it to let me do... How can I scratch records with it?

Find out more about the LOVE Turntable here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment